Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI template/report for analyzing cube issues/refreshes/activity

Hi there.

Guys, I've got a cube in Azure and would like to analyze its refreshes and/or activity. I also have logging enabled on it so that logs and counters go to a Log Analytics Workspace in Azure (this is queried via the Kusto Querying Language but it's of no importance here). These logs are what you would get from SQL Server Profiler or xEvents if you'd set it up on-prem. The question is this: Does anyone of you know if there is any PBI report somewhere I could download and connect it to my logs to (or even pre-processed logs) so that I could have ready-made, so to speak, visualizations of my counters and events on the server? I wouldn't like to create this myself since it'll take a lot of time (but certainly doable). Do you, guys, know about any tool that could take the logs, do some cleaning on them and then put in a .pbix file for analysis?

Thanks for any replies.

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can try to get Power BI logs from Audit Log in admin 365. You can choose the logs you want , download them as excel and load excel into Power BI Desktop for analysis.

You need to be a Global Admin or Power BI Service admin to use Audit logs.

1.png

You can search logs you want by entering key words into activities.

2.png

For reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-auditing

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for this but I'm talking about Analysis Services in Azure, not about Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.