Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

PBI desktop when fail to refresh data , will it provide error cause by which field name ?

Hi All

@Fowmy  help me a lot by provide me the answer on below post . which is suddenly my web service unable to refresh data. it was lucky that i get error massage from email notification , and state that the error is cause by one of the field name "drawing number" missing. ( The issue is due to file corrupted , after i replace the CSV file , now all runnig well. )

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/My-PBI-web-Service-auto-refresh-get-error/m-p/1858075#M7167...

My question is , Does PBI desktop , when i reload , does it able to tell me unable to reload data , is cause by which field missing ? 

Hope some one can share with me, as i only get below error msg , but does not info me cause by which field name.

Paul

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@admin11 

Power BI will only know if there is a change in the metadata when you load the tables either in Power Query or in the Data Model at the time of refreshing the data. It can be on the Desktop or the Service. Columns used in the calculations will have to be present at the time of refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

You get the error message in Desktop ass well. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@admin11 

Power BI will only know if there is a change in the metadata when you load the tables either in Power Query or in the Data Model at the time of refreshing the data. It can be on the Desktop or the Service. Columns used in the calculations will have to be present at the time of refresh.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Fowmy 

In short only PBI web service will info the error msg like which field is missing right ?

You get the error message in Desktop ass well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.