Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

enorthviva

Ordering problem - 10 after 1 instead of after 9; and layering of two sets of data in a radar chart

Hello!

I have encountered a problem with alphabetical ordering of data labels in a radar chart. Please see screenshot below:

enorthviva_0-1687251471230.png

I would like the benchmarks to be ordered from 1-10, but 10 appears after 1, instead of after 9, because I have sorted alphabetically. Is there any way of creating a custom sort order, like there is in Excel? Or any other way of rearranging the data labels? (although I'm having trouble with the radar chart in particular right now, I've had problems with other types of visualisations in the past too, so it would be nice to know if there is a general solution for this).

Also, is there any way of layering two sets of data in a radar chart? I'd like to be able to show the 2021 and 2022 data on the same chart at the same time, but at the moment the only way I am able to find to display both sets is with a slicer.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@enorthviva , The data type of that column might be text. So you need change that whole number or have a number column and mark that as a sort column

How to Create Sort Columns and Solve Related Errors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1zu4MBb-c

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @enorthviva create one new index or sorting order column then select the column where you have Benchmark1, Benchmark2 etc and then under column tools change the sort by using the sorting column then it will change the order to 1-10 instead of 1,10,2,...9.

Refer this link for help in creating a sorting column:

Sort one column by another column in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.