Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hellodazza
Helper II
Helper II

Opening a .html stored in Sharepoint in Power Bi Report

Hi there, 

I have a html system report file that is received by email. I want to save this in sharepoint and then be able to display or view this report in power bi. How can i do this? Thanks.

Cheers

Darren

3 REPLIES 3
hellodazza
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the guide! It works but I am not quite familiar with HTML. Not sure how to extract the html.

a) Is there a way to view the html as webview in power bi? from the steps you have shown? 
b) can i import the html into power query and be able to use the same charts in the html/or regenerate the charts in html in my reporting. how do i extract it from the html file here. thanks! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mrvCk2x06CYjWTdEiPoi8xohglcqNJSX/view?usp=sharing

Any help is appreciated. Either I can view the html as a webpage in powerbi report or i can regenerate the charts in the html in power bi. 

sample html is here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mrvCk2x06CYjWTdEiPoi8xohglcqNJSX/view?usp=sharing

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hellodazza ,

First, ensure your HTML system report file is saved in a SharePoint document library. If you're receiving this file via email, you might need to manually upload it to SharePoint or automate the process using Power Automate.

vxiandatmsft_0-1715908260870.png

Obtain the direct URL to your HTML report in SharePoint. 

In Power BI Desktop , use the "Web content" visual from the visualization pane. Enter the URL of your HTML report stored in SharePoint. This will embed the HTML content within your Power BI report.

vxiandatmsft_1-1715908456430.png

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.