Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Non Total Amounts in diagram

I have a question about a diagram in PowerBI. As of now i am showing insights in the runtimes of different layers in the database to load data in a datawarehouse. On the left Y axis i show the amount of minutes per layer. On the right Y axis(line) I am showing the amount of rows loaded. The X axis is showing the date of the load.

As of what i can find now the Y axis can only show totals or amounts. However i would like to show the absolute time on the left Y axis. So not the amount of minutes, but for example the actual start and endtime of a layer. Of course those start and enddates are logged and available for reporting. Is that Possible and how?

DiagramDiagram

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. If i convert to numeric how can i work around the summation it does on y axis? For example i'll have 2 loads one load from 2 am to 3 am and one load from 3 am to 4 am. what it will do is do a sum over the 4 times. What i would like is for it to show the actual timeframe from 2am to 4am ad which load runs when.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, power bi still do not support use time type on axis, transferring to numerical values in hours/minutes/seconds is the suggested workaround.

You can submit and vote the ideas: Power BI Ideas

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.