Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jlam
Frequent Visitor

New Records not being added to Visual with Manual Selection

Hello,

I have data composed of Supplier Codes, Part Numbers and Sales. I would like to display all the part numbers from Supplier 1 and one part number from Supplier 2 in a single visual.

Currently, I am using the visual filter and manually selecting all the part numbers from Supplier 1 and just the one part number from Supplier 2. My issue is that when new part numbers are added to the system for Supplier 1, these part numbers are not automatically added to the visual. It requires me to manually find the new part number and add it to the filter.

I understand that I can create two separate visuals, one per supplier and one per part number. However, I have to display it in a single visual.

Also, I am aware that I can create two separate tables in my data set, one with data selected per supplier and one per part number and then append the tables per the following link. I am just looking for a simplier solution.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/append-queries-power-query-e42ca582-4f62-4a43-b37f-99e2b2a4...

Screenshot.PNG

Please let me know if there is additional I can provide to help clarify the situation. Any advice provided would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jessica

8 REPLIES 8
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi, 

I also experience this filtering problem when I was doing the report.

what I did, on filter pane, I check select all and then manually unchecking the data I don't want to show.

• Select All

• Select All

example from the above, unchecking what I don't need instead of checking what i need.

So when new item is added, it will appear on my report.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlam ,

Why not choose all instead of manually selecting all the part numbers?

123.PNG

Currently, I am using the visual filter and manually selecting all the part numbers from Supplier 1 and just the one part number from Supplier 2.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

I cannot select all part numbers for multiple suppliers since I only need all the part numbers from one supplier and only a few part numbers from another supplier. 

Unforunately, I have thousands of parts for both supplier 1 and supplier 2 and I would have to unselect hundreds of parts from supplier 2. This would be quite inefficient.

Jessica

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you flag all the relevant part numbers in the table and then filter on the flag? 

Connect on LinkedIn
jlam
Frequent Visitor

Hello @tex628 ,

I don't believe this would include any new part numbers being added to the system and would still require me to manually flag them as relevant.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

You would flag with a calculated column that looks at supplier code, so as long as the new parts have supplier code when they are added it should be possible to flag them. 

Connect on LinkedIn
jlam
Frequent Visitor

@tex628 ,

So you are suggesting a new column with DAX formula with maybe functions CONTAINS or IF?

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Exactly! Catching all record from supplier 1 should be easy.:

Column = IF([SupplierCode] = "1" , 1 , 0)

This should give every record a "1" if they are from supplier 1. This will also be the case for new records as the column is calculated each time the report is refreshed. 

In regards to catching just a single record for each of the other supplier you will need to go a little more complicated:

Column = 
VAR index_ = CALCULATE( MAX([Index]) , ALL('Table') , [SupplierCode] = EARLIER([SupplierCode]))
IF([SupplierCode] = "1" , "1" , 
IF([Index] = index_ , "1", "0" ))

Here you would add a filter to an Index column, a column just holding unique identifying,
Record 1,

Record 2, 

Record 3, 

etc..

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.