Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vijay_27
Helper I
Helper I

Need top 5 values based on region specific

Hello All,

I have Branch, Region, Username, Sales columns in my table.

I have a slicer in report that contains Branch,
there is single selection for Branch

Region is top hierarchy over Branch, meaning a region can have multiple branches.

Requirement: When I select a branch in slicer, now this branch belongs to particular single region

now I need top five value of user based on sales
for that region specific (we got one value of region based on branch selection)

below required imgage shown: 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vijay_27 

Here is possible solution.  I created a disconnected table with Branch and Region that does not filter the main fact table.  Then added the "Region Sales Final" calculation.  This allows the selection of Branch and presentation of the Regions Top 5.  I think this partly meets the requirement.  It may not work if you want both Branch and Region on the same page.  If so, it might be useful change to ALL('table regions') or RemoveFilters('table'[regions]) solution for region sales final.

Updated pbix 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vijay_27 ,

Checking out the answer @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy  gave, I think it's a good solution.

vhenrykmstf_0-1643178232369.png

If the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vijay_27 

Here is possible solution.  I created a disconnected table with Branch and Region that does not filter the main fact table.  Then added the "Region Sales Final" calculation.  This allows the selection of Branch and presentation of the Regions Top 5.  I think this partly meets the requirement.  It may not work if you want both Branch and Region on the same page.  If so, it might be useful change to ALL('table regions') or RemoveFilters('table'[regions]) solution for region sales final.

Updated pbix 

vijay_27
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy 
For example: I have region say Asia, within that I have multiple branch like india, srilanka,  china etc... 
Now suppose I selected any branch say india,  so we get data particular to that branch. And the region is Asia for branch India. 

Now my requirements  is suppose i select branch india in slicer,  then region would be Asia
Now I need top ten record which are region specific for Asia irrespective of all branches in Asia..
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vijay_27 - I am just checking that I understand the requirement first.  In the example, the branch "1162-N" is selected, but the "Region" should represent all Branches for that Region?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.