Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

seanpratt
Helper III
Helper III

Need to count all "Y" values from measure

Seems simple enough. I've created a table based on a few measures here and my table now looks like the below. All I want is to see a "card" visualization with "9" on it. But I can't seem to get it to work.

Basically we select a date range (Payment table), and then select a value (variable input table) and if the "Days with payments%" column is above the value between those days, we would count them. 

Every formula I do results in a CALCULATE has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed. error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@seanpratt try this measure

Tenants = COUNTX ( VALUES ( Payment[Tenant] ), IF ( [LEAVEIN] = "Y", 1 ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@seanpratt share sample data, measure you tried, and expected output and will get back to you with the solution. 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k attached file here

Sample PBIX 

@seanpratt so you want count where LEAVEIN is "Y", correct?

@seanpratt try this measure

Tenants = COUNTX ( VALUES ( Payment[Tenant] ), IF ( [LEAVEIN] = "Y", 1 ) )

That worked! This is maybe a dumb question, but what does not providing a "false" option do to that formula?

I originally input it as 

COUNTX ( VALUES ( Payment[Tenant] ), IF ( [LEAVEIN] = "Y", 1,0 ) )

and the ",0" messed things up. So I just copy and pasted yours in and it worked perfectly. What does leaving out the option do to the formula?

(I also added you to LinkedIn! A fellow Canuck like me!)

Exactly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.