Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Krishna_Mysore
Helper II
Helper II

Need help to toggle multiple measures

Hi Guys

I'm currently developing a dynamic financial report to compare Actuals Vs (Budget & Prior Year) .

I have many KPI's and for illustration purpose, I  have the below set of measures,

1) Actual Sales

2) Budget Sales

3)Last Year Sales

4) YTD Actual Sales

5) YTD Budget Sales

6)YTD Last Year Sales.

I need to create a single visual which can dynamically reflect Actuals Sales with (Budget or Last Year) either for Month or

YTD measures based on the filter selection.

I have earlier used SWITCH to toggle a single measure with one condition  but not sure how to toggle with multiple measures on the same visual with more than one  conditions.

I will have a slicer to pass the parameters for Budget, Last Year and one separate for time frequency ie Month,YTD . Potentially I would need to add the Quarterly time comparator.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Krishna_Mysore,

Your description is too simple for us to understand your requirement. Since you have multiple measures, what are the relationships among these measures? 

As you said that you want to create a single visual which can dynamically reflect Actuals Sales with (Budget or Last Year) either for Month or YTD measures based on the filter selection. What does dynamically reflect mean? What is the filter selection?

Please share us more information about your requirement. Like the relationships, some sreenshots about your report or your desired result. Also, if you can share us your pbix file with OneDrive or something else. It will be more helpful for us to understand your requirement.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi Xi

I'm sharing the PBIX file which is reposited in one drive.  I have described my requirement on the report canvas.

Let me know if you need any further clarity.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AilocBFrwwn5gR8Cj9WL11mGusUN

Thanks

stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks . I'm interested to know  what measure needs to be incorporated to achieve the results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.