Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SarikaKumari18
Helper III
Helper III

Need help on row level security to write dax

Hello all,

I have below 4 tables and fact tables can't be joined with account table.However, I have some other fact table which is joined with account.

Fact_table:
countryid filename

account:
accoutid countryid

user_account:
accuntid userid

user:
userid name

account(1) and user_account(N) has 1:N relationship on accountid
user_account(N) and user(1) has N:1 relationship on userid

I can not join Fact Table and account since I don't have accountid in my fact table or else its easy to just apply RLS on user table (username=userprinciplaname()).

I have to apply RLS on fact_table(not having relationship with account) on column called "countryid" so that the user can see data for country which they belong to.

/*below sql code should be in row level security DAX Function */

select * from fact_table where countryid in (select countryid from account where account with user via user_account and user[name]=userprinciplaname())

Please help and thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@SarikaKumari18 Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

SarikaKumari18
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @amitchandak @Jihwan_Kim @parry2k @Fowmy @selimovd 
please help me coverting the above sql code to dax function

Hey @SarikaKumari18 ,

you cannot just convert an SQL query to DAX.

I still didn't understand what is your problem and how the result should look like. Maybe you can show a data model instead of a long text that is hard to understand.

Then please describe at what point you are struggling and what result you want. That would make it easier to help you. But with the text above, I don't know what you want.

Best regards

Denis

SarikaKumari18
Helper III
Helper III

select * from fact_table where

countryid IN (
select countryid from account a
JOIN user_account ae ON a.accountid = ae.accountid
JOIN user e ON ae.userid = e.userid and user=userprincipalname() )
@Jihwan_Kim @amitchandak : please take a look into this and help me with writing dax 
Any help much appreciated!! Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.