Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Need a table showing only Customers and Last Sale Date & Amount

What's the best way to create a virtual table that pulls the Customer Code, the Last Sale Date and Total Sales for that customer?

The goal is to generate a list of Customers who have not purchased from us in the last year.

Here's is some sample data:

Capture14.JPG

I need to produce a table in Power BI exactly like the Pivot table shown above.  My SUMMARIZECOLUMNS measure produces the result similar to what is shown on the left.  I need to just see the Last Sale Date and the total sales for each customer (highlighted rows are what is shown in the pivot table).

I tried using SUMMARIZECOLUMNS, but that didn't work.  I tried CALCULATETABLE, but I get an error.

Here is my SUMMARIZECOLUMN measure:

Summarize Lost Customers =
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
Shipments[CUSTOMER CODE],
Shipments[Date],
filter(Shipments, Shipments[Date] < TODAY() - 364 ) ,
"Lost Sales", [Sales] )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Roseventura 

I  think you want to show dynamic result by days slicer. Power BI doesn't support calculated table to show dynamic result based on slicer. I suggest you to create measures. I think you want to calculate the max day before today()-N and sum of Sales before today()-N.

Measures:

MAX of DATE = 
VAR _SELECTDAYS = SELECTEDVALUE(Days[Days])
RETURN
CALCULATE(MAX(Shipments[DATE]),FILTER(Shipments,Shipments[DATE]< TODAY()-_SELECTDAYS))
Sum of SALES = 
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(Shipments[SALES]),FILTER(Shipments,Shipments[DATE]< TODAY()-_SELECTDAYS))

Result:

1.png2.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Something like this should work:

SUMMARIZE(Shipments,Shipments[CUSTOMER CODE],"Last Sale",MAX(Shipments[Date]),"Total Sales",SUM([Sales]))

Ibendlin:

I tried that a few days ago, but I need to incorporate the filter shown in BOLD below (which I why I switched from SUMMARIZE to SUMMARIZECOLUMNS.

Summarize Lost Customers =
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
Shipments[CUSTOMER CODE],
Shipments[Date],
filter(Shipments, Shipments[Date] < TODAY() - 364 ) ,
"Lost Sales", [Sales] )

Also, that 364 in the measure above needs to be a variable which is selected by the user, a Churn Time Period Value which the user selects from a range from 0 to 390 days.

The end result I need is to generate a table of Customers who have NOT purchased from us in over a year or whichever time period the user selects.  Your suggestion summarizes ALL customers regardless of when they purchased.

Hi @Roseventura 

I  think you want to show dynamic result by days slicer. Power BI doesn't support calculated table to show dynamic result based on slicer. I suggest you to create measures. I think you want to calculate the max day before today()-N and sum of Sales before today()-N.

Measures:

MAX of DATE = 
RETURN
CALCULATE(MAX(Shipments[DATE]),FILTER(Shipments,Shipments[DATE]< TODAY()-_SELECTDAYS))
Sum of SALES = 
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(Shipments[SALES]),FILTER(Shipments,Shipments[DATE]< TODAY()-_SELECTDAYS))

Result:

1.png2.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.