Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MattKarriker2
Helper II
Helper II

Need a horizontal bar chart that shows value and percent of total

I am looking for advice on any visual that can give me a horizontal bar chart showing the value per member as well as the percent of total. Something that gets me close to the image below.  I can get close with a stacked combo chart but the bar is vertical.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

MattKarriker2_0-1686169394434.png

4 REPLIES 4
vicky_
Super User
Super User

vicky__2-1686175554312.png

The newest version of PBI lets you add a measure as a data label - so you can create a DAX measure that will display the total count and % of total and use that in any of the graphs.

Thanks @vicky_ for the response.  I am trying the Custom Label on stacked bar chart but it does not seem to work. If I do the same on the stacked column the custom labels work.  Is there another setting I am missing on the bar chart to have custom visuals appear?

MattKarriker2_1-1686258194981.png

MattKarriker2_0-1686258145983.png

Hmm unfortunately, I'm not too sure. This is a pretty new feature so I haven't got a lot of experience with it myself. According to this article, you might need to play around with the font sizes, or turn on the overflow text.

Thanks @vicky_ It seems I have to populate the Legend value in order for the custom visual to appear.  I will bring this up with MSTF as a possible bug.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.