Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TWorthy91

Need Help Visualising Hierarchy

Hi All,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with a problem I've been having whilst trying to create an org chart hierarchy to visualise in a Power BI report.

I am trying to show ALL of the employees who are subordinate to the selected employee, however I can only seem to show the direct reports, i.e. the one level below the selected person in the hierarchy. I have created a path of max 8 hierarchy levels which all seems to be working fine:

PATH = PATH('EMP'[EMPLOYEE_INDEX],'EMP'[PARENT_INDEX])

which is then split into 8 hierarchy levels:

Level 1 = LOOKUPVALUE('EMP'[EMPLOYEE_INDEX],'EMP'[EMPLOYEE_INDEX], PATHITEM('EMP'[PATH],1,1))

I'm trying to display all of the employees under this person selected in the search bar in a table, and also get a total in a stacked bar chart (see picture).

Hierarchy Visual.PNG

While the table currently shows 7 employees reporting to employee '6993', there should be around 250 total.

Link to pbix & data 

Any ideas on how to display this properly?

Thanks,
Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@TWorthy91 ,

Please try to use "Ultimate Decomposition Tree" custome visual from Market place.

Please give KUDOS and accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

Thank you for the response.

Apologies but I'm quite new to this so I'm a little confused by the visual you mentioned, could you possibly provide some guidance on which fields i should place in each data category to get the desired result?

Thanks

In fact looking at the Ultimate Decomposition Tree visual, this may be too cumbersome for what I am looking for, as some line managers will have a huge number of reportees and these will need to be displayed in a table, along with their compliance. My issue is that I cannot seem to get a table or stacked chart to correctly display all the non-direct reports along the hierarchy also.

Is there any way around this or am I stuck with only being able to display direct reports?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.