Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kvniranjan

NEED HELP - Date/Time formatted items in excel are getting rounded to the nearest hour.

Hi,

I need help with date/time format in Power BI. I have data in excel with time stamp as below. I had formatted based on the requirement as well. However when it is imported onto Power BI the formatted time stamp is getting rounded to the nearest hour. Please help.

kvniranjan_0-1671511553171.png

Below is the screenshot of the same in Power BI.

kvniranjan_1-1671511623941.png

Please help

Thanks

Niranjan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

I check your sample data and when you put the right format for the time it works.

I put the ":" instead of "." for the time part in excel and loaded it to Power query, now it is shown as below :

MahyarTF_0-1671517171642.png

Thanks for your Kudos and please mark it as a solution if it helps you.

Mahyartf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kvniranjan ,

Agree with @MahyarTF , I put the attachment for your reference.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjDX9fMP0zUyUjAw0TMw1jMx1TMAAwVHX6XYWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP = _t]),
    #"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(Source, "ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP", "ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP - Copy"),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Duplicated Column",".000000","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP - Copy"}),
    #"Replaced Value1" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value",".",":",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP - Copy"}),
    #"Changed Type with Locale" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value1", {{"ST_LD_ST_TSTAMP - Copy", type datetime}}, "en-GB")
in
    #"Changed Type with Locale"

vstephenmsft_0-1672026407670.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

I check your sample data and when you put the right format for the time it works.

I put the ":" instead of "." for the time part in excel and loaded it to Power query, now it is shown as below :

MahyarTF_0-1671517171642.png

Thanks for your Kudos and please mark it as a solution if it helps you.

Mahyartf

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.