Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hgzelaya
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Variables on X Axis

Hi,

im having trouble representing this same graph on power BI.

2017_11_09_15_28_51_Prueba12123_Excel.png

Thing is it won't let me because power BI is only able to use one variable (can't use many as shown above).

here's what it looks like on BI

2017_11_09_15_43_28_Reporte_Octubre_Power_BI_Desktop.png

which is understandable since one column has different number values. On simple words, i want to know if it's possible to do the same graph shown on excel on BI without adding another date column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

basically you need to unpivot your table and follow these steps

- goto edit query

- right click type field of your table

- select unpivot other columns

- change attribute column header to KWH

- close and apply

choose clustered column chart visual

- put kwh on axis

- put type on legend

- put value on value

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

does your data table in powerbi looks like table you showed in 1st picture?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

yes it does, i am actually using that same table to create the visuals.

I believe there is need to change the data model which can be done in power itself. if you can share sample data in a sheet thru google drive or something like that

this is the ouput you are looking for, correcT?kwh.PNG

yes it is!

basically you need to unpivot your table and follow these steps

- goto edit query

- right click type field of your table

- select unpivot other columns

- change attribute column header to KWH

- close and apply

choose clustered column chart visual

- put kwh on axis

- put type on legend

- put value on value

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ,

When i finished ''- close and apply'' and then go back to chart, it shows error code below.

May i know how to fix it?

Re: Data refresh: OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E1D

Thank you very much i've been trying to do this long time ago with past visuals. Worked like a charm!

2017_11_09_17_16_57_Reporte_Octubre_Power_BI_Desktop.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.