Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BigB007

Multiple Values Stored as text in API call to database

Hi All,

I am really stuck on this one. I'm not a Power BI expert, so there might be a simple solution which I am overlooking.

Basically I am calling data via an API connecting to our helpdesk's database (SQL). My aim is to show all recurring incidents that was logged and have reopened or keeps on being an issue. I identlify this by looking at a description collumn in the database which looks similar to the below:

Occurence Count: 5

This is only some of the text in the collumn and not the only, but it is the identifier of what is recurring.

My problem comes in due to the fact that PowerBI only allows for 2 filters on a visual. So for instance I can only specify when the collumn contains Occurence Count: 5 and Occurence Count: 6. Obviously this needs to go 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 etc. Obviously 1 is not an issue. I need to have a count of everything above 2.

As an attempted solution to this, I have created multiple cards, which shows the count for each of the occurrence counts. Now I am trying to add them all together in one card, but cannot get this to work.

So my questions are the following:

1. How can I add all cards into one card?

2. Is there a way I can use 'greater than' to not have to use the multiple card method? It should ideally have to be able be drilled into to view by company etc. The filters I have applied when selecting company then returns the values to blank. It only works on all.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BigB007 , If occurrence count is the column you can use it on Multi Row Card.

if occurrence count  is number type column, you can out it on slicer and can use option like Before, after (Using small down arrow)

amitchandak_0-1662780334372.png

if occurrence count is a measure, then you can use dynamic segmentation to do above

Dynamic segmentation -Measure to Dimension conversion: https://youtu.be/gzY40NWJpWQ

Thank you for the reply! I will check out the video and see what I can do.

Unfortunately it is not a number type collumn. The description collumn contains a full description of the event, details regarding dates and event id's and then one line included is the occurence count per row.

Measures might be a solution here, especially when looking to total all cards into one, but I can't seem to be able to get this right. I'll check out the video for some help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.