Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kabra_ashish
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple Schemas in a single report

I am looking to import tables from multiple schemas (same databsase) into a single report.

Example: Table_1 from Schema_1, Table_2 from Schema_2

My datasource is PostGRESQL database.

Challenge is it only allows to connect to 1 schema and import that table. When I try to import from the other schema (again the same database) I have to edit permissions and then able to import the 2nd but then the table imported from schema 1 throws an error because permissions were edited.

Any turnaround here?

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kabra_ashish , Check if you add them as queries using schema name in the table. Option to give query in advanced options 

@amitchandak I tried using Blank query option and it still doesn't work. I missed saying that every schema has credentials.

So when I try using PosrGRESQL or blank query it prompts for username and password. Ther server name and Database is the same but username and password is seperate for each and every schema created in the database.

So when I import from 1 schema and then try to import using the other it prompts for the credentials and the imports the same. But then the 1st schema imported thors and error.

Hi @kabra_ashish ,

Do you want to import multiple tables from same PostGRESQL Database? If your tables are from same database I they should need the same credentials. Can you see different tables in Navigator when you connect to database?

I think you can multiple select the tables you need.

1.png

Here is an offical blog about how to connect to PostgreSQL. I hope it could help you solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.