Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaplandani

Moving from desktop project to gateway

i've built some nice reports and publish them,

right now the reports are being refreshed by doing it on the desktop and republishing the reports to the web.

I've installed a gateway on the SQL SERVER

and I can see it on the web site. 

I've connected the data source of my reports to that gateway - but it I don't see how can I refresh it - or force it to take "new" data from the server. 

If I refresh my desktop - I can new new data. but I can't see it in the server. 

my goal was to stop the need of the process of getting the data to the desktop and then publishing it - but rather get the data directly from the server throgh the gateway to my database.

Am I doing it right ? what am I'm missing here.

4 REPLIES 4
kaplandani

i've built some nice reports and publish them,

right now the reports are being refreshed by doing it on the desktop and republishing the reports to the web.

I've installed a gateway on the SQL SERVER

and I can see it on the web site. 

I've connected the data source of my reports to that gateway - but it I don't see how can I refresh it - or force it to take "new" data from the server. 

If I refresh my desktop - I can new new data. but I can't see it in the server. 

my goal was to stop the need of the process of getting the data to the desktop and then publishing it - but rather get the data directly from the server throgh the gateway to my database.

Am I doing it right ? what am I'm missing here.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kaplandani,

Firstly, you should select the gear icon and manage gateway to add data souce in Power BI service. For more details, please check the online document

222.PNG

Then you can configure the refresh of the dataset. For more details, please check the online document.

Capture.PNG

2221.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @kaplandani,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Power BI Web Service, if you navigate to the Workspace that contains your report, there is an option menu down the left side of the screen.  In the bottom section is an area called "Datasets".  Find the dataset for your report and when you hover you mouse over its name, you will see a ... menu.  An option in this menu is "Schedule Refresh" and "Refresh Now".  These are what you are looking for (you'll need to link the gateway before ether will work, this can be done from the area inside 'Schedule Refresh')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.