Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

awitt
Helper III
Helper III

More data when adding a date filter.

Hi everyone, I have an issue with seems counter intuitive. 

I am trying to evaluate how many shipments are made to specific customers, in my case schools, within a certain time frame related to that school's start date. So if a school's start date is 1/7/2022, I want to see how many shipments were between dates 1/1/22 and 1/14/22 for example. The below measure was created and seems to return accurate information. 

However, when there is no date filter on the table itself, there are datapoints missing entirely but when I include specifc start date filters in the filter pane, all of a sudden more data appears. This seems backwards to me since I would think that adding a filter context would reduce the amount of data shown. The video link at the bottom is a screen recording of what is happening to hopefully explain the issue better. Please note the total values when filters are added / removed. 

Thanks so much, any thoughts as to why this is happening would be appreciated!

NearStartShipmentCount = 
VAR currentcustomer =
    MAX ( 'Semester Table'[sintSchoolID] )
RETURN
    COUNTX (
        FILTER (
            'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking',
            'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking'[SchoolID] = currentcustomer
                && 'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking'[FirstDate] >= MAX ( 'Semester Table'[WeekBeforeStart] )
                && 'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking'[FirstDate] <= MAX ( 'Semester Table'[WeekAfterStart] )
        ),
        'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking'[TrackingNumber]
    )

Video of Issue 

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @awitt ,

According to your video, I find that [SchoolName] and [sdStart] are columns in 'Semester Table'. Is [Expected result total fix:] the same as measure [NearStartShipmentCount] ? In your calculation, you will use values in 'Small Parcel Delivery Tracking'. I need to know more details about what your tables look like and what your relationships look like.

Please share a sample file with me and you can show me a screenshot with the result you want.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.