Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AudreyRene
Regular Visitor

Modify Visualization

Hello, 

Im new in Power BI and im wondering things for this vusualization

- How to include a table who summarize the number of transaction for each year next to my visualization ?

- Why some month are missing (january, april, june etc.). It seems like Power BI goes by every 2 month.

AudreyRene_1-1712935860363.png

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AudreyRene ,

Please see my answers below:

- How to include a table who summarize the number of transaction for each year next to my visualization ?

• Create a Matrix visualization with the year has column, and the sales has values this will give you the result you need

- Why some month are missing (january, april, june etc.). It seems like Power BI goes by every 2 month.

• The months are not missing this is an option on the x-axis since you are using a date column it does a continuous axis, if you want to show all the months then you need to change from a date column to a Year /month column that you need to add to your model

See the example below:

MFelix_0-1712942348980.pngMFelix_1-1712942509090.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnalyticsWizard
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Welcome to Power BI! Let's address your queries one by one:

1. Including a Summary Table Next to Your Visualization:
- To create a summary table, you can use a "Table" or "Matrix" visual in Power BI.
- First, create a measure or use an existing one that sums the number of transactions per year.
- Then, add a new visual to your report canvas, and in the Fields pane, drag your 'Date' field into the "Rows" area and your transaction measure into the "Values" area.
- In the visualizations pane, format the table to only display the year part of your 'Date' field.
- Position this new table visual next to your line chart on the canvas for a side-by-side view.

2. Missing Months in the Line Chart:
- Power BI may show every other month on the axis to avoid cluttering, especially when there isn't enough space to display all labels.
- To fix this, you can adjust the x-axis properties:
- Click on the line chart visual.
- Go to the "Format" pane (the paintbrush icon).
- Scroll down to the "X-Axis" settings.
- Look for the "Type" property – if it's set to "Categorical", try changing it to "Continuous".
- Also, check the "Label density" slider to increase or decrease the number of labels shown.
- Make sure that the "Show" option for labels is turned on, and you may also adjust the text size to fit more labels if needed.

By adjusting these settings, you can include all months on the x-axis and display a summary table alongside your visual, offering a comprehensive view of the transaction data. If you still encounter issues with missing months, it may also be worth checking your data to ensure all months are present and properly formatted.

Hello, 

Everything works ! Thanks to all of you 🙂

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AudreyRene ,

Please see my answers below:

• Create a Matrix visualization with the year has column, and the sales has values this will give you the result you need

• The months are not missing this is an option on the x-axis since you are using a date column it does a continuous axis, if you want to show all the months then you need to change from a date column to a Year /month column that you need to add to your model

See the example below:

MFelix_0-1712942348980.pngMFelix_1-1712942509090.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello,

• I don't see how to choose the year only has column

AudreyRene_0-1712945021374.png

• Thanks i didn't know ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.