Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tyan
Helper II
Helper II

Modeling three tables (only need date)

https://spo23-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/a7579_365ms_vip/EUawrvBZjBREqbWwqNgGy4cB8rjM-TdIQoJ81... 

Hi. I was wondering how to build reletionship between these 3 worksheet. 

My main target is to let worksheet 1 (shipping date) and worksheet 2( shipping date) vlookup into my worksheet 3 to create a column call shipping date 1 and shipping date 2.  the reason why did this is becasue worksheet 1 and workshee2' date is not completed.  I cann't just use model number or N/O to mereg all into worksheet 3.  I use N/O & Model Number& N/o SHIPPING DATE as my search value in vlookup in excel. 

I want to use    O/C Shipping date -( shipping date 1 & shipping date 2)= date difference %   ON   my worksheet 3 

Worksheet1

tyan_0-1648397389557.png

Worksheet2

tyan_1-1648397444886.png

Worksheet 3

tyan_2-1648397574386.png

3 REPLIES 3
tyan
Helper II
Helper II

@PaulDBrown Hi thanks for the suggesution. I have insert a sharepoint link on top. I am not used to this function im not sure i can embed a excel data here. 

Hi @tyan ,

If you want to lookup value from other columns by multiple filters, you can try Merge function in Power Query.

For reference: Combine queries

But if you merge columns by N/O and Model Number and N/o SHIPPING DATE, I think you will get same N/o SHIPPING DATE1 and N/o SHIPPING DATE2 as O/C Shipping date in third table. Then the date difference will return 0.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

It would help if you provided sample data instead of images, but the recommended  procedure is to create a Date Table linked to the corresponding date fields in the tables. You also create dimension fields for other fields which are common to other tables.

You then use the field from the date table and from the dimension tables in slicer, visuals, filters measures...

It makes calculations much more straightforward.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.