Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Eileen_B
Frequent Visitor

Missing page type options?

I must be missing something obvious.  I'm in PowerBI Desktop (Sept 2023 version).  I want to create a drill-through page, but no options are available in Page Type.

The only options are to rename the page and buttons to allow use as a Tooltip and/or allow Q&A.

Help!  Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-03-20 135626.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eileen_B 

For better understanding refer below video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbplhqDCWOM

I dont think there is option for drill through under page setting.

I hope this video would help you to create drill though functionality.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eileen_B 

For better understanding refer below video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbplhqDCWOM

I dont think there is option for drill through under page setting.

I hope this video would help you to create drill though functionality.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Thanks @Uzi2019 ... I was really confused by the Microsoft site/materials referencing the page setting functionality, but the video's approach works fine for what I need.  Thanks so much ... I'll mark as resolved!

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eileen_B 

It's very close, just click the other tab option highlighted in red on the screenshot below.

TheoC_0-1710958621551.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Thanks Theo, but afraid I'm not seeing it there either.  That only gives me this drill-through information:  

Screenshot 2024-03-20 142817.png

I'm looking for the page type highlighted at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough.    According to this, I should be able to format a page type as a drillthrough page.  (See image from the instructions below):

Screenshot 2024-03-20 142654.png

Thanks so much for any help/guidance!

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have the April 2024 release of power bi desktop and still don't have the "page type" available.

Hi there.  

I'm pretty sure that they're no longer using the Page Type (at least I'm not seeing it either), but the link that @Uzi2019 shared shows how to work around it.

Hope this helps!

My apologies. 

Having a look online, it seems that all references to this type of function were created this year (this month and last month).  I recommend downloading the latest version and hopefully that will have the feature.

There is an option on the Report Settings but that enables you to drillthrough from a report to another report, not page-level drillthroughs.

Hope you find a solution!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.