Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tatevikz
Frequent Visitor

Memory allocation failure

Hi, 

I have pretty big table (14M rows).

Once I try to change the type of one of the columns from decimale to integer, the following error occurs:

tatevikz_0-1593452219653.png

Could you please help me to understand what is the difference and why I got this issue.

Thanks,

Tatevik

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tatevikz ,

Try to remove any unnecessary column in Edit Queries before importing in the data model. While Power BI support 2bn rows and 16,000 columns, it can be limited by the machine performance.
Try to allocate more memory in the Data Load tab. From Power BI dashboard, open Option > Data Load. Now increase the maximum allowed memory.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tatevikz can you change the column type in power query.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

hi @parry2k ,

I need the column type to be Integer and I'm using query editor to do that.

Once i try to save the changes and apply the error occurs.

Regards,

Tatevik

Hey did you ever resolve this and if so how?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.