Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JanineG
Frequent Visitor

Measure that selects correct discount based on varying quantities from two tables

Hi there, 

I desperately need help. 
I try to calculate the scale discount for my price waterfall visual. Yet, the scale discount EU data table gives me three different scale discounts (in three seperate columns) for three respectively different billing quantities per material ID and transaction. 

In my transaction table also having the material IDs, I have the billing quanitites for transaction. 

If in my price waterfall I now filter for  customer xx, it will show me only the billed quanities per material number for this customer. Yet, I dont succeed to get the scale discount correct (depending on the billed quantities). I tried as follows:

Can someone please help me out? I am so lost... Many thanks!! Janine

Scale Discount in % = if(SELECTEDVALUE('Transaction Data'[Billing Qty:SlsUnits])<'Scale discounts EU'[Order Qty Scale D. 2],'Scale discounts EU'[Scale Discount-1],if(selectedvalue('Transaction Data'[Billing Qty:SlsUnits])<'Scale discounts EU'[Order Qty Scale D. 3], 'Scale discounts EU'[Scale Discount-2], if(selectedvalue('Transaction Data'[Billing Qty:SlsUnits])>'Scale discounts EU'[Order Qty Scale D. 3],'Scale discounts EU'[Scale Discount-3],0)))
3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JanineG 

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. Can you share sample data and sample output.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Thanks a lot, 

This is the visual I want to build with the right picture showing the table where I can find the scale discounts based on the quantities ordered. In another data table - my order transaction data - , I have again the Material ID (this ID is also used for the relationship) for many many parts (more than the ones eligible for a scale discount) with a column called "billing qty per month" for this respective Material ID. 

What I now want to get es a measure is: based on the actually orders / transactions: what scale discount was granted on average for the ordered material ID's of the transaction table considering that each material ID comes with a different (or no) scale discount for respective order quantities 

2020-05-07 14_21_26-Price Waterfall Mockup_PowerBI_JGv3 - Power BI Desktop.png2020-05-07 14_22_44-.png

Does that help @amitchandak ? Thanks again!!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sample data, expected output, logic to get from a to b. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.