Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pe2950
Helper I
Helper I

Measure To Calculate Previous Year / Same Month in clustered columns

I'm trying to create a clustered column chart that would show a count of leads, by month, with each cluster representing the same month. 

I've got the data in the format i want it, the query has two columns one that is start of month date, and next is a sum column that is a count of the amount of leads. 

I can't quite get how to group the clusters to show the same months for previous years, such that cluster 1 would contain january 2017, january 2016, january, 2015etc 

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@pe2950

In this scenario, if you want to put same month in all years into one cluster, you can add Year column and Month Number column in your dataset, then you just need to put Month Number on X-axis, put Year on Legent and populate Count Of Leads into Value.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@pe2950

In this scenario, if you want to put same month in all years into one cluster, you can add Year column and Month Number column in your dataset, then you just need to put Month Number on X-axis, put Year on Legent and populate Count Of Leads into Value.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

You can create a custom column in your Calendar table (assuming you have already created one) that displays the Month / Year of the calendar date, for example: 

Month/Year = FORMAT(Calendar[Date];"mmm YYYY")

or in any desired format that you want.

Then in the clustered chart, set the Month / Year as an axis element and the corresponding measure that calculates the sum of leads as a value element.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.