Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix acting like Slicer?

I got two different matrixes in my Dashboard. Matrix1 displays the different products (iPhone 11, iPhone 12,...) and Matrix2 displays the telephone numbers of those specific products. So Matrix2 is depended on Matrix1.

The problem is when I click on a device in Matrix1 and then on a telephone number in Matrix2, Matrix2 simultaneously forgets the slicer function of Matrix1 and switches backt to displaying the telephone numbers of all phones. I already changed the interactions of Matrix2 to it not being dependend on other filters but that doesn't change anything.

How can I prevent this? I want it to act like a slicer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

This is not supported, and it is by design. The slicer is used to filter data, but when we click on the A product in matrix1, only A is highlighted in the matrix; it is possible to filter Matrix2; but when we click again in matrix2 A, which also highlights the A product of matrix2, will filter matrix1, but it cannot just filter data like a slicer;

vyalanwumsft_0-1658727239129.png

and if the slicer.

vyalanwumsft_1-1658727289300.png

so we could find the difference of slicer and the matrix.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-reports-filters-and-highlighting

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

This is not supported, and it is by design. The slicer is used to filter data, but when we click on the A product in matrix1, only A is highlighted in the matrix; it is possible to filter Matrix2; but when we click again in matrix2 A, which also highlights the A product of matrix2, will filter matrix1, but it cannot just filter data like a slicer;

vyalanwumsft_0-1658727239129.png

and if the slicer.

vyalanwumsft_1-1658727289300.png

so we could find the difference of slicer and the matrix.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-reports-filters-and-highlighting

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , select matrix one and then switch off interaction with Matrix 2.

Select Matrix 2 and then switch off interaction with Matrix 1. Then it should work

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't, already done that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.