Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dane
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix Question

I am creating a matrix linked to tables in SQL server.  The totals are correct at the bottom, however it is assigning these values to every line in the description category.  Realistically based on what I know, there should only be a handful of these categories populated.  I have tried changing the cross filter directions on the applicable tables but cant seem to figure out why it is doing this.  

Dane_0-1631113887950.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dane,

It means the filter effects of current categories have not correctly applied to your expressions so your formula got the same result and repeat each row.

Did you want to change the calculation to use current category groups? If that is the case, you can add an additional filter to your calculation expression to use current row/column category values as the filter.

If you are confused about the coding formula, please have some more detailed information to help us clarify and test to coding formula:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dane , I think join is missing or inactive (dotted line ) between two tables in power bi

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.