Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Matrix I want a column as a row with value

Good morning community.

I intend to do this in Power BI. But I don't know how to approach it without creating an intermediate table with transposed columns and rows.

I have this matrix:

kikejnt_1-1621492849944.png

And I want to get to this, where the main row is what surrounds you in red, the next row is what I circle in blue and the column header is what I surround in black.

kikejnt_2-1621492911021.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

You could use a Matrix visual. Put the red column in Rows, black column in Columns and three blue columns in Values.

Then in the Format pane, turn on Show on rows, turn off Stepped layout and turn off Row/Column subtotals.

052401.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

You could use a Matrix visual. Put the red column in Rows, black column in Columns and three blue columns in Values.

Then in the Format pane, turn on Show on rows, turn off Stepped layout and turn off Row/Column subtotals.

052401.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.