Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RhysCRW
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Dimension does not seem to aggregate

This is a follow up to the question below.

(2) Data in matrix column dissapears when I select add... - Microsoft Fabric Community

I am noticing my Matrix visualisation is not aggregating the values for a given dimension (Rows) where the dimension is identical. In this case the MerchantName.

I have obfiscated the name but you can see the end of the name (ending in "cal") - please see screenshot below

Screenshot 2024-02-27 133826.png

There are no hidden characters such as spaces. 

Thank you in advanced.

1 REPLY 1
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RhysCRW 

According to your description, you can't display the data properly when you select the two options in Slicer, the initial troubleshooting is because there is too much data, further checking the data found that the dimension values of the MerchantName column are not aggregated, but there are a few points are not clear.

1. Because it is not clear what you want the dimension values of the MerchantName column to be aggregated to because of your original data, in the screenshot you gave, the dimension values of the MerchantName column are already aggregated.

vyaningymsft_0-1709285746395.png

2. because of the data involved, if you can simulate and share the pbix file without sensitive data can help you to solve the problem faster

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.