Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tango1201
Frequent Visitor

Master Table for Cross Referencing

I have three data tables from three separate sources that should reconcile to each other, in theory, but do not.  I would like to create a "Master" table from the three in order to build an exception list and identify the non-reconclied items.  The unique identifier is the same across all three tables and duplicate unique IDs within any table can exist.

Something like combine Table1[UniqueID], Table2[UniqueID] & Table3[UniqueID] into MasterTable[UniqueID] so that I have a single column table of all unique IDs with all duplicates removed.  From there, I can build my cross references and exception report.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tango1201,

I try to reproduce your scenario, I create the following sample tables.

1.PNG2.PNG

Append the two tables together by clicking Test1->Append Query->Append Test2 table.

3.png

Remove other columns, only leave UniqueID column, them remove the duplicates. You will get the following result table.

6.PNG

Here is my Query statement.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQ0VIrViVYyMjIC08bGxmDaxMREKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [UniqueID = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"UniqueID", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({#"Changed Type", Test2}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Appended Query",{"name"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Columns")
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tango1201,

I try to reproduce your scenario, I create the following sample tables.

1.PNG2.PNG

Append the two tables together by clicking Test1->Append Query->Append Test2 table.

3.png

Remove other columns, only leave UniqueID column, them remove the duplicates. You will get the following result table.

6.PNG

Here is my Query statement.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQ0VIrViVYyMjIC08bGxmDaxMREKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [UniqueID = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"UniqueID", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({#"Changed Type", Test2}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Appended Query",{"name"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Columns")
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.