Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hellomark
Regular Visitor

Map Visual (USA): Saturation Doesn't Adjust to Filter Changes

I have a fairly straightforward USA map visual that has state level info and displays states at different color saturations depending on the results. This worked fine until we separated the PBIX into a separate data model and report file as is common practice.

Now the saturation min/max used for the fill color does not change with the user's filter selection so it goes all dark or all white depending on what the user selects. This works fine (the min/max reset) when the visual is in the same file as the data, but apparently not when the visual resides in a different PBIX from the data.

Any suggestions? I've tried creating a measure in the report PBIX and using that as the visual saturation value but that doesn't work.

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

is the color saturation based on a measure?

Yes, it is based on a measure - a measure that the user can change using a dropdown. Based on the value the user selects in the dropdown, the measure switches.

Ah so you are applying field parameters to measures from a composite model's upstream data source?  That's ...  inventive?  And it works if you change back to a default data model?

The final measure that's in the map visual is below. I've also tried putting this measure in the report PBIX but that doesn't work either.

Result = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(u_measure_select[Label]),
"Entries", [sum_entries],
"Registrations", [sum_regs],
"Opt-ins", [sum_optins],
"Wins", [sum_wins],
"Scrubbed Registrations", [sum_scrubbed],
[sum_entries]
)

This will be difficult to reproduce - any chance you could provide some sample data?

Well, I started putting together a simple demo of the issue in a separate PBIX but I found I couldn't replicate it - everything worked as I wanted. So I deleted the map visual from the actual PBIX and recreated it from scratch and it works. I'm not sure what state or setting the map had that caused this, but it is not an issue. Thanks for your questions.

No... not field parameters. Just a plain slicer and a manually created table with the options in it - I think this is pretty standard? Then there's a measure which is a SWITCH statement to select the measure based on what the user has selected from the dropdown.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.