Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

Many to Many Relationship not returning all expected data

Hi Everyone, 

I have set up a many to  many relationship between 2 tables. When I use the resulting data across 2 visuals (Decomposition Chart and Force Directed Graph, when I select a node on the Decomposition chart, not all of the data I expect is available / used / dispalyed in the Force Directed Graphs on the same page. I will try to share my PBIX to demonstrate the actual issue. Although I have had issues in the past - being unable to upload attachements.

I have another "nice to have" also.... I only want the Force Directed Graph to display results when a "Target" node is selected in the Decomposition Chart. At the moment, all data is being displayed (I think).

I hope that you can help to resolve these 2 issues (the first being the most important

5 REPLIES 5
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ianf123 , 

I am not clear  about your requirement, did you want to show all value of node when you click it in Decomposition Tree chart? If so, I think you could delete the filter in Decomposition Tree chart, and set filters in Force Directed Graphs. You could refer to my sample for details(Duplicate of Page 3).

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

New link to my version : I had to delete the old one. I will take a look at your version now Zoe.

Many thanks.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avgl3dKYbE4inBz3bBEtcXS-a3Hp?e=4Hqj38

Many thanks Zoe.

Based on your pointers I realised that I had accidentally added a filter to the Decomposition Tree. I removed the filter and its working as expected now 🙂 - in that respect...

My 2nd point still remains. The Force Directed Graphs currently display correctly when I select an IT service (last column) from the Decompotition Tree. If I click elsewhere on the Decomposition Tree, or if nothing is selected, all data is shown in the Force Directed Graphs.

Is there a way to have the Force Directed Graphs as blank other than when an IT Service is clicked in the Decomposition Tree?

Thanks!

ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

This should be the readable link to the PBIX

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avgl3dKYbE4inBz3bBEtcXS-a3Hp?e=u9Wap0 

Eg - ITServiceD has 6 rows in the TESTCSV table but only 4 are shown in the table when clicking on it in Target on the Decomposition Tree visual. Only those with U in the Direction column seem to be picked up (2 with Direction of D are not in the table, displayed for ease of reference on the page)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.