Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Manually add text to specific cell in Power Query

Good Morning,

Due to how a data source is set up certain cells are pulling in as 'null' where there should be text (this can't be changed). 

Is it possible to manually add text to an individual cell in Power Query? I can find a lot of text transformation options for adjusting the entire column but I only want to add text manually to specific cells that is not pulled in from the data source.

Thank you! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @pigsinblankets ,

It sounds like you want to do accurately replace specific row values, right? If that's the case, you can take a look at the following link about M query operators(column: [string], row {number}), then you can do custom on replace function to achieve accurately replace value operations.

Operators - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

Quick Tips: Conditionally Replace Values Based on Other Values in Power Query (biinsight.com)

Thanks,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
punitkhatri
Helper III
Helper III

Hii @pigsinblankets , 
If you want to edit cells manually go to power query and in the applied steps section, click on the source and then click on this little gear icon. Then you can edit your data manually.

Hope it helps and please let me know if this helps you or not.

Gear.png

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @pigsinblankets ,

It sounds like you want to do accurately replace specific row values, right? If that's the case, you can take a look at the following link about M query operators(column: [string], row {number}), then you can do custom on replace function to achieve accurately replace value operations.

Operators - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

Quick Tips: Conditionally Replace Values Based on Other Values in Power Query (biinsight.com)

Thanks,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.