Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

butterscotch
Helper II
Helper II

Manually add rows in table

hello !

i have 2 tables (Master and Sub-Master (created by using reference from Master)).
i want to manually add rows in sub-master table using advanced editor but there's an error where :

butterscotch_0-1704695528968.png

but as you can see above, there's red line under "Weight" and i hover over the error says invalid identifier, but its weird because "Weight" is available in Master table

4 REPLIES 4
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@butterscotch 

Please share the screenshot of the Source step to ensure the column name is correctly refered. Have you got spaces there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

butterscotch_0-1704702305349.png

As i said before this table is created by reference from Master table, so i cannot manually add the rows in Excel File because the table isnt visible in the Excel File

zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Any chance there is some invisible sign in the header? 

Otherwise, for me being lazy, I would prefer more "drag and drop" approach to insert data - creating a new table in Power Query and and simple append. It gives me easier control when more rows are about to be added (especially with multiple columns). This approach will also give you a hint, if there is anything wrong with your header.

zenisekd_0-1704696380150.png

i got see this method , i must say this is way more simple than what i did , but i just want to challenge myself to do the hard way but anyway thank you for the suggestion , i'll check again is there any typo error in my header name

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.