Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kpower
Frequent Visitor

MTD & Prev Month MTD Calculations

I created a column for MTD with

MTD= TOTALMTD(sum(TRANSACTIONS[AMOUNT]), YEAR_MONTH_DIMENSION_TAB[Date]). It shows only if I selected current month in the filter.

How to show the data without selecting the month as a Card in the report??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Kpower,

Try this as a new measure:

Prev MTD = CALCULATE(sum(TRANSACTIONS[NET_AMOUNT]), PREVIOUSMONTH(DATESMTD(TRANSACTIONS[DATE__MODIFIED])))

Results:

BI4.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

here is another topic in the forum related to this, hope it is helpful

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Time-Intelligence-TOTALMTD-vs-DATESMTD-vs-DATEADD/td-p/10088

if not, let me know and will be happy to help.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

MTD NetAmount = CALCULATE(sum(TRANSACTIONS[NET_AMOUNT]), DATESMTD(TRANSACTIONS[DATE_MODIFIED])) when I used the date column from same Fact table I'm getting data without selecting any month in the slicer.

But for Previous MTD Im getting blank on Card. I used

Prev MTD = CALCULATE(sum(TRANSACTIONS[NET_AMOUNT]), PREVIOUSMONTH(TRANSACTIONS[DATE__MODIFIED]))

Can you help me to get previous month data

I have sample file which I can send to you which calculated prev mtd, qtd, ytd. Send me your email in private message in case you are intereste. Thanks

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi, can you send met the file also, please?

frankgovers at outlook.com

Hey @Kpower,

Try this as a new measure:

Prev MTD = CALCULATE(sum(TRANSACTIONS[NET_AMOUNT]), PREVIOUSMONTH(DATESMTD(TRANSACTIONS[DATE__MODIFIED])))

Results:

BI4.PNG

hi 

i tried this solution and get this error message, really struggling with MTD and YTDmtd.JPG

Hi,

Check the format of the column that you are referring the DATESMTD function.  It is probably a text column.  Change the format to Date.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.