Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MROUND

Hello everyone 😁,

In the scope of my project I created a what if parameter and got a new table (for example, table A)with a column (containing the values I chose and a measure that maintains the value, which will be chosen by the user.

I also have another table of the data I imported (for example, table B)

The next step I want to do is to create a new column in my table B using the MROUND function in this way:

NEW COLUMN-MROUND(TableB[Column]; TableA[measure])

Obviously I can't do this because one argument is a column and the other is a measure. So the question is:

HOW CAN I DYNAMICALLY CHOOSE THE VALUES OF A COLUMN FOR A VALUE THAT IS CHOSEN BY THE USER???

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have to create a measure. You can not create a dynamic column using a measure or whatif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have to create a measure. You can not create a dynamic column using a measure or whatif

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Calculated columns only recalculate at refresh, so you should consider a measure instead.  If you need user input just on refresh, you could also consider a power query parameter.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot i will give it a try

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.