Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jcramb
Frequent Visitor

Lookupvalue from Grouped Table want to return Aggregate Value

I have a large table of all my schedule updates.  Each monthly schedule update contains the same schedule activity so the table has multiple times rows of the same activity (20 or more as i add updates).  

What im trying to do is add a column that has the Min Finish Date for and Activity ID so i can calculate a variance for each update .  I though the best way to do this was to make a grouped table by Activity ID add the column with the Min Finish Date aggregate.  But when i go to do a lookupvalue  in the original table i get an error "! A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected."

How do i get aroud this?  Is there a beter method to achive the same result?

Original Table 200,000 plus rowsOriginal Table 200,000 plus rowsGrouped Table 13,000 rowsGrouped Table 13,000 rows

9 REPLIES 9
healthEteam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Did you create the relationship on activity id between the two tables?

If so I would think you could use the Related function to retrieve the columns from aggregate table into the original.

Capture3.PNG

Jcramb
Frequent Visitor

Yes i had the link it through another table because the Activity ID columns were not unique in the Monthly Excel Export tanle..

Hmm is activity id not unique in your summarized table?

I would have thought it would be and then you could create the relationship to the excel based table.

Then in dax use the Related(Finished_Min) to add your column into the original table.

Yes the Activity ID is unique in my Summary table.

Jcramb
Frequent Visitor

the related function will not let me link to the Summary Table.

Eventhough the summary table has 1 row per Activity ID i think it thinks that there are mulitple Activity ID's.  I cant make a relationship directly between the to tables. I get this error one of the two tables need unique values in the column.Capture4.PNG

Jcramb
Frequent Visitor

I tried making a another table with only the Activity ID's from the same data set and used the Remove Duplicates in the query but when i go to make the relationship it still errors with one of the columns has to has unique values.  I dont get it i used remove Duplicates but is still seems to think there is muiliple vaules for the same Activity ID.Capture5.PNG

Hi @Jcramb

It seems you may add a column to check if there are any duplicate rows as below:

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jcramb
Frequent Visitor

I tried making a another table with only the Activity ID's from the same data set and used the Remove Duplicates in the query but when i go to make the relationship it still errors with one of the columns has to has unique values.  I dont get it i used remove Duplicates but is still seems to think there is muiliple vaules for the same Activity ID.Capture5.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.