Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

johnce123
Helper I
Helper I

Lookup value with multiple criteria

I have the following table called "SF" i would like to do a lookup to return "Annual Amount"

johnce123_0-1623076637595.png

The other table i need to return the value into has "Site Fee Code" as a column (table below) I need to create a column in this table which returns the annual amount from SF table above.  

johnce123_0-1623077289149.png

As you can see though in the first table there are two values of "CF Standard" for instance so i need it to return the value that relates to 2021 season. When we move into 2022 then i will need it to return 2022. So CURRENTYEAR & "SEASON" (2021SEASON) in this case, as in the table each year will be added a new Annual Amount. 

Trying to get a Sum amount for all the entities we have tagged to each different site fee code. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@johnce123 you need to put the data in an excel sheet and explain it better, it is not easy to follow without looking at what you want to achieve?

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@johnce123 the 2nd table you added, does the site fee code is a unique value?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

There a Multiple of them in the second table.  Each line in this table represents a Person.  That person is assigned a Site fee code based on where they have our product. I need to return the value from the first table that relates to this site code, but i need it to return the value that relates to 2021SEASON and not 2020SEASON

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@johnce123 can you share the sample data of both the table and what would be the logic to get the value from the order table. Your post is not very clear.

Hi, I have added the other table in, hopefully this makes sense now. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.