Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lcfaria
Helper II
Helper II

Long execution time - AVERAGEX measure - How can it be opmitized?

Hi all,

I'm having a problem loading some visuals in Power BI that gives me the following error:
You have reached the maximum allowable memory allocation for your tier. Consider upgrading to a tier with more available Memory.

There is one measure that is taking much longer to process than the others and I would like community support for ways I can optimize it.

Basically I need to do a calculation so that it returns values ​​to the managers and then based on this measure I need to calculate the values ​​for the units:

lcfaria_0-1667072218490.png

lcfaria_1-1667072218480.png

I've tried simulating the problem in an example file, but I don't know if that will be enough, as the real model is much more complex.

I would like to get the same results, but I need to decrease the execution time of the measure Avg Unit.

See that in this example, the time to calculate this measure is twice the time of the 'Avg Manager' measure. However, in the real model its time is 5x longer:

lcfaria_3-1667072524991.png

I'm attaching a sample file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At5JlMR_naI1gf44Gfw5wbitP9k6Mw?e=HDLcK6

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lcfaria ,

try to write so. mybe it helps

Measure = 
VAR Avg_Manager = [Average Manager]
RETURN
Avg_Manager * DIVIDE(Avg_Manager,Avg_Manager)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lcfaria ,

try to create these 2 measures 

Measure 1 = 
VAR Avg_Manager =[Average Manager]
RETURN
[Average Manager] * DIVIDE(Avg_Manager,Avg_Manager)
Measure 2 = 
VAR NumUnits= COUNTX(
                 VALUES('dmanager'[unit]),
                 [Measure 1]
                )
VAR _Sum = SUMX(
                 VALUES('dmanager'[unit]),
                [Measure 1]
                )
RETURN
IF (HASONEVALUE('dmanager'[unit]),
      [Measure 1] ,
       DIVIDE(_Sum,NumUnits)
)

and use Measure 2 in your report.

It seems that now the difference is reduced

mangaus1111_0-1667079974817.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lcfaria ,

try to write so. mybe it helps

Measure = 
VAR Avg_Manager = [Average Manager]
RETURN
Avg_Manager * DIVIDE(Avg_Manager,Avg_Manager)

Hi @mangaus1111 , I apologize for my late reply, but we had another problem and it took all my attention away.

Your solution made the measure to be performed in much less time and it solve my problem. Thank you very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.