Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mazuroo

Link/Upack WebCal Link in Queries

Howdy all, I'm a very novice user to be honest.  We am starting to build some tools and have had sucess creating a public report page showing current week events from a shared event calendar in our O365 environment.  I have that linked to a window on some digital signage in our warehouse.  The next report would come from a iCalendar link outputted by one of software platforms we use for scheduling.  When I place the data (web) in my query and double click to open, I get a single column with roughly 17,000 rows.  It is breaking out every single piece of info into a specifc row.  Each event starts with a BEGIN:VEVENT row and ends with a END:VEVENT row.  The info (that resides between those markers) that I'd like to pull out would be DESCRIPTION, DTSTART, DTEND, LOCATION, and SUMMARY.  Each of these would be a column that I could map to the fields from the cool little Calendar Visual from MAQ that I am using for the shared calendar report.  This would want to re-run a few times a day (unless is too data heavy) as schedules are constantly being updated.  Do I need to double step through Power Automate?  Thought, prayers?  Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Mazuroo

I have found a great little piece of code on GitGub that looks to be exactly what I need.  Its called iCalendarConnector.  I know the calendar information is getting to BI, I just need it to be formatted so that I can map those columns to visuals on the dashboard.   I cant seem to figure out how to get this code that I paste from GitHub into the advanced editor to reference the web data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mazuroo , if you are able to read data in power bi without power automate then you can refresh schedules to get new data

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

With Power Automate, if needed

https://medium.com/all-about-power-bi/schedule-refresh-power-bi-dataset-with-power-automate-b0af60f6...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.