Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChavdarG
Frequent Visitor

Link Summary table to main data

Dear all,

Hope someone can help me find a solution to this one.

All customers are in a table called ALL CCs (all cost centres).

Volume sales per item (SKU) are in a table called ALL Data PY-LE.

Individual SKU details are in a table called SKU Details.

I needed to do a manipulation that required me to summarize the volumes per cost centre and brand, thus creating a new table:

Summary by Brand by CC PY = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('ALL CCs'[CCenter],'SKU Details'[Brand],"VOLUME PY",SUM('ALL Data PY-LE'[VOL BASE]))

In that new table I do additional calculations to arrive at a new column called "Full A&P PY".
The problem is that this column and table are not linked to the rest of the data and I obviously need to use the new column Full A&P PY.
Trying to connect it to ALL CCs, gives me a circular reference error:

Circ Ref.JPG

I have a matrix by cost centre slicing by the info from ALL CCs.
The matrix now looks like this when I select any cost centre:

Capture.JPG

The measure I use is as follows but obviously not working:
FULL A&P PY 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Summary by Brand by CC PY'[FULL A&P PY]),TREATAS(VALUES('Summary by Brand by CC PY'[CCenter]),'ALL CCs'[CCenter]))

Please let me know if what I am trying to achieve is possible and how?
I need the summarized table, otherwise I cannot achieve what I have to.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChavdarG
Frequent Visitor

Ok, managed to fix it by myself. FYI I did the following change to the summary table:

Summary by Brand by CC PY = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('ALL Data PY-LE'[CCenter],'SKU Details'[Вид Търг.Марка име],"VOLUME PY",SUM('ALL Data PY-LE'[VOL BASE]))

Now summarizing by cost centre from ALL Data PY-LE and not ALL CCs. Now it allows me to make a relationship b/n Summary by Brand by CC PY cost centre and ALL CCs cost centre. 

And now it works.

Best regards,
Chavdar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChavdarG
Frequent Visitor

Ok, managed to fix it by myself. FYI I did the following change to the summary table:

Summary by Brand by CC PY = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('ALL Data PY-LE'[CCenter],'SKU Details'[Вид Търг.Марка име],"VOLUME PY",SUM('ALL Data PY-LE'[VOL BASE]))

Now summarizing by cost centre from ALL Data PY-LE and not ALL CCs. Now it allows me to make a relationship b/n Summary by Brand by CC PY cost centre and ALL CCs cost centre. 

And now it works.

Best regards,
Chavdar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.