Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataNinja_777
Frequent Visitor

Line chart without scroll bar

Hi,

I'd like to visualize headcount using the daily or monthly filed on X-axis in line chart instead of just yearly movements but when I use smaller granularity fields (such as mmm-yyyy) on x-axis, the line chart only shows part of the visual and the rest has to be scrolled using scroll bar to see the whole picture.  Is there a way to express the entire picture of detailed line chart without scroll bar for smaller granularity information on X-axis?  I don't need to see each label on X-axis but I need the line chart to be able to express the movements at smaller granularity level.    

Thanks a lot for your advice.  

2 REPLIES 2
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @DataNinja_777 
Can you please show what are you trying to achieve?

Hi,

I am trying to get rid of the scroll bar in my line chart which has many data points on X-axis.  I read in this community setting the X-axis as "Categorical" or "Continuous" will make this change, and this selection appears when year field is on X-axis, but when I put X-axis to a smaller granularity field such as yyyy-mm, the scroll bar automatically appears and I cannot get rid of it from the selection field above, which also has disappeared.  The objective is to see the whole picture of smaller granularity data, without having to scroll which kind of loses the overall contect.  

DataNinja777_0-1697341988753.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.