Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kornholio
Helper III
Helper III

Last Modified Date vs all Customers with the same Last Modified Date

I have data with a customer list and last modified date. I want to create something, a slicer, or chiclet, tht when a customer opens the dashboard it will reflect their last modified date and only the customers with the same last modified date show up.

So, if a customer goes to the dashboard it recognizes them as customer "ABC" only the data showing is within their last modified date. Then they can select a chicket or something that only pulls in customers with the same last modified date. It can either be a year or other to start.

6 REPLIES 6
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Kornholio,

Do you have a Modified Date column in your table? In that case, you can use Username() function to get the records which for current customer, and then get the MAX modified date. Then you can use this date to filter data. Pease refer to the link below to see how to use Username() function in role levle security.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/using-username-in-dax-with-row-level-security/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kornholio

What you could do is that you could find out what the last date is in your dataset, and then possibly use a Date table (which is recommended for Time Intelligence calculations) and based on the last date, you could then create a conditional column which would then have the value of "Last Date" next to this date.

Then in your report you could then use a filter or Chiclet based on this column and have it selected.

You would have to ensure that your data is being updated either manually or via the On-Premise Gateway to ensure that it is reflecting the latest date.

Also you mention Customer, do you have multiple Customers accessing the data? 

And if so are you then using Row Level Security?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Alos the data is being entered manually by the customer each year into the Azure database.

My plan is to complete the dashboard and when a users logs into it, they onl see their data. It comes from an Azure database, SQL. So, I am not sure how to set that p just yet, but yes they would log on, see there data compared to others in the system, basic comparisons.

Then when they log in, their most recent data they have entered into the Azure based database, will reflect similar customers that have entered within the same year. 

Example, ABC Co. logs into the dashboard, they see relevant data to them compared to other businesess like theirs. But the data has to be within the same year the entered thier data. ABC Co. will see thier data compared to those that have entered data in 2017, 2016, etc.

Also, you mentioned a date table, is that like what this site shows?

https://kohera.be/blog/business-intelligence/how-to-create-a-date-table-in-power-bi-in-2-simple-step...

Hi also I was looking up coditional column here,

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/conditional-columns-power-bi-desktop/

But I do not have that option in Power BI Pro, just add column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.