Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChrisMarini
Frequent Visitor

Keeping bar/column axes consistent

I have a number of visualizations that show a percentage calculated from a count of an ID value.

ChrisMarini_0-1643291585548.png

When my slicers are set in such a way that a column or bar has no observations to count, the visualization simply drops the bar/column (note that in the image below, the upper right visualization loses 2 bars, the visual below it loses 1, and both column charts lose a column each).

ChrisMarini_1-1643291639242.png

I want to have these columns/bars remain on the axes, but be empty. If the visualizations are interacted with, these do largely what I want, but if the slicers are used, my axes adjust.

ChrisMarini_2-1643291707059.png

Is there any way to prevent the axes from dropping empty columns and bars?

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in the option menu for your visual fields select "Show items with no data" 

lbendlin_0-1643426014495.png

The problem with "show items with no data" is that it doesn't work with the percent of grand total calculation, which I am using (the group I am making the dashboards for wants the visualization to show percentages since the range of counts can vary from single digits to over 100,000). If I turn off the % of grand total, then this option works fine. Do you know of any way to get this option (or something like it) to work with percentages?

In that case you cannot rely on the built in %GT transform, you will have to write your own measure that handles blanks in the way you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.