Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Keep hours in chronological order

Nice day.

I have problems with a graph and a table, I would like to analyze the results of the weight of some bottles that is done every 30min, but when working ewn power BI the hours of order from lowest to highest.

Example: Registration starts on day 1 at 16:30 and ends on day 2 at 21:30

En la grafica de igual manera inicia desde las 00:00 sin importar el orden del dia 1 y dia 2En la grafica de igual manera inicia desde las 00:00 sin importar el orden del dia 1 y dia 2In the graph in the same way starts from 00:00 regardless of the agenda of day 1 and day 2

En la tabla de power BI se ordena de menor a mayor ya horaEn la tabla de power BI se ordena de menor a mayor ya horaIn the power BI table it is sorted from lowest to highest and hourLa tabla de datos en excel con las horas desde que iniiciaLa tabla de datos en excel con las horas desde que iniiciaThe data table in excel with the hours since it starts

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to make a custom sort for the time range(from day 1 16:30 to day2 21:30). These time spans two days and there are duplicates in the time section, so I'm afraid I don't have a better way to implement custom sorting. Unless you refer to the following blog, create a dimension table with two columns: one for all the datetime columns from the fact table and the sort you want as in the following table. 

Sort a Column with a Custom Order in Power BI - RADACAD

yingyinr_0-1674636237510.png

Subsequently, follow the steps later in the blog to complete the custom sorting.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , I Hope the datatype is time, not text. If text then create a number to sort  and mark that as a sort column 

How to Create Sort Column and Solve Related Errors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1zu4MBb-c

It is indeed a variable in time format in both excel and power BI.

I reviewed the video but it doesn't help in my concern.

Thank you for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.