Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with order of categories in Waterfall chart

Hello,

I've created a waterfall chart with a measure returning positive or negative value depending on date. For the category, I've selected the hierarchy "Date". At the moment, my chart has the years ordered 2012,2010,2008,2011,2013 ... the order is not laphabetical but is linked to the value of the measure.

I have no "Order By" choice when clicking on more option for this visualization According to samples and documentation, catgories should be sorted according to the sort order but it's not the case.

Is it jut me or is it a bug?

24 REPLIES 24

My filed "Date" is effectively of type "Date".I've tried with other fields (Text) and I've the same problem, my chart is always ordered from the biggest to the lowest value of my measure and not ordered by the order of the category.

Have you tried the "sort by column" option in the data model? 

Yes, this attribute of the field is correct. Ig I use this field in any other chart the behaviour of ordering will be correct. My problem sounds specific to the waterfall chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.