Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JacekBazis

Issue with filtering multiple visuals correctly with slicers

Hi All,

In advance apologies for not being too knowledgable about PowerBi. 

However, I'm trying to build a report with multiple tables that is: Employee Headcount, Workshop Completion Records, Future Workshop Registration and eLearning Completion records. 

My main table is Headcount report as it consist of list of all employees in the business. 

On one page I'd like to create few visuals that are showing both completions and future registration however, when I try to apply filter of a name of employee the Completions are showing correctly however, registration table seems not to connect with it and numbers are chaning but it shows that the individual is being registered for hundreds of workshops, that is of course incorrect as I'm using my own name as a filter. 

I suspect it has something to do with poor data model and/or relationships between datasets - all relationships automatically are setting up as Many to Many.

For data privacy I am not allowed to use employee's ID however, I figured that employee's email address would be sufficient.

As I mentioned before, I'm really new to PowerBi, so unfortunately DAX is still unfamiliar to myself as well as having a full scope of understanding the relationships and on what basis PBI works. 

Apologies for the long post and being a bit dull with it, I'd greatly appreciate any support/tips/suggestions. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

As I understand, you want to have a filter on all the page,

if it is, you need to have relation between the Filter-column table and the other table, that is shown as a other visual.

Also if you want to have a filter on the page, be sure put your filter on the 'Filter on the page' part in Filter pane and also you need to have Cross filter direction from filter table to other table

MahyarTF_0-1658910230687.png

MahyarTF_1-1658910304401.png

Mahyartf

Hi, 

Firstly many thanks for such a quick reply!

Unfortunately, I think the issue will be (at least for me, which only shows how little I know) than the proposed solution. 

In short, if a person is not registered it still shows odd numbers instead of showing nothing (as attached in the below screenshots). The problem seems to be linked only to registrations as completions are correct (checked them with my dataset). 

Slicer comes from Headcount Data, whilst registration is a separate dataset linked via Group Name, Full Name, email address (only unique value we're allow to use in PBI reports).

One more time thank you for taking time in your day to respond!

InkedInkedfilter issue screenshot_LI.jpgInkedfilter issue screenshot 2_LI.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.