Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mclougb6
Frequent Visitor

Issue Presenting Data

Hi all,

Relative newbie to PowerBI and I'm having trouble using visualisations to present my data in a particular way.

In one Data table I have:

- A Master Data File containing data pertaining to individual products (Number / description / Hierarchy etc.)

In another table I have:

- Sales Data ( Product / Month / Sales in unit QTY & Sales in Monetary Value)

I'm looking to present the data so that I can highlight:

- Number of Products linked to a particular Hierarchy (this part is fine)

- Value of sales by Month for a particular Hierarchy (aslo fine)

but here's where I'm struggling. I also want to show:

- Number of products that make up less than x% of the total value for a particular hierarchy for a given month. For example, if I have 6,000 products in hierarchy 'P', and the turnover for hierachy 'P' in July 2017 was 15million, how many products contributed to just 5% or less of this overall value.

- Or, If I have 6000 products in Hierarchy 'P', how many products had no sales at all in July 2017 (given that they will not appear in the Sales Data Table for this month.

I have all the raw data that I believe I need, but I just can't figure out how to model it - any help would be very much appreciated! The Matrix visualisation looks good to me at a very high level, but it's the drilldown to specifics as highlighted above that I can't get to.

thanks!

B

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.