Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rabiafarooq
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any way that if i manipulate data in the original source the exported data is also updated?

Is there any way that if i manipulate data in the original source , the exported data is also updated and hence the visuals as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rabiafarooq,

In power bi desktop, you can just click “Refresh” button in home ribbon or “Refresh Preview” button in Query Editor when using import or direct query\live connection mode.

1.PNG2.PNG

In addition, you can’t connect to multiple data sources with direct query\live connection mode. If the first data source is using direct query\live connection mode, the second data source will be switched to import mode.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rabiafarooq,

In power bi desktop, you can just click “Refresh” button in home ribbon or “Refresh Preview” button in Query Editor when using import or direct query\live connection mode.

1.PNG2.PNG

In addition, you can’t connect to multiple data sources with direct query\live connection mode. If the first data source is using direct query\live connection mode, the second data source will be switched to import mode.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Can we do this when our source is excel file?

Hi rabiafarooq,

Of course you can, all of the data source supported like below can be refreshed in power bi desktop.

5.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you so much ! cheers 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.