Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abhishek8895
Helper I
Helper I

Is there a way to bold specific text in Matrix visual from a row that has many line items

I am extracting an excel for data that has 3 columns. Column A = meeting name, Column B = Title and Column C = Description

The table has 7 rows for each meeting name with different text values in Column B and Column C.

Let say there is row 3 under Column B = Title that is "Members" and against that in Column C I have the people attending that meeting. However there is one who chairs the meeting and is enclosed in bracket like Operation Manager (Chair). In excel it is bold font but during ETL operation, that is not retained in BI.

So my question, is there a way to still achieve it as I am using the matrix visual and all works..The only struggle is how do I bold the line font that is "Chair" - like Operation Manager - (Chair)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Abhishek8895 ,

I was going to start writing it out but I think it is more succinct and effective just to go through this article here:  Apply conditional table formatting in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn   Particularly, the part about the font color and making it bold.  In the examples they use >=  but in your case you would just want =  (as in when column=Chair, then bold).  

If that does not quite do the trick, then perhaps use DAX and create HTML tags - as explained in this article:  Bold, italic, underline etc. in Power BI - BI Samurai

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Abhishek8895 ,

I would think that you can accomplish this by doing conditional formatting on the field and if the desired result shows up then make it bold.  You may need to create a custom column with all the formatting and then put that into the conditional formatting as the output if the value contains "chair".

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hello,

Is there a possibility you can show me an example, as I tried everything that I could from the internet but it is not working.

Hi @Abhishek8895 ,

I was going to start writing it out but I think it is more succinct and effective just to go through this article here:  Apply conditional table formatting in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn   Particularly, the part about the font color and making it bold.  In the examples they use >=  but in your case you would just want =  (as in when column=Chair, then bold).  

If that does not quite do the trick, then perhaps use DAX and create HTML tags - as explained in this article:  Bold, italic, underline etc. in Power BI - BI Samurai

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.